An alternative workshop to trading with China and understanding local market opportunities. This breakfast event is a refreshing take on the path to China. Join us this November in three Northern Powerhouse cities: Newcastle (20th), Leeds (22nd), Machester (28th).
Grow your business. Expand your opportunities.
Calling ambitious and dynamic UK businesses!
Let’s Do China is refreshing your current views on trading with China by exploring international trade initiatives.
This November we are hosting a series of events to help Northern Powerhouse businesses get the most out of the opportunity in the current climate. This workshop will help you gain better understanding of the opportunities awaiting you in the Golden Era 2.0.
It consolidates private sector and government perspectives — from a provincial outlook on import strategy in China to how to succeed alongside China’s commerce giants — so you can kickstart or upgrade your China market presence.
It’s going to be an interactive session, with an exclusive look at a UK brand’s success in one of China’s top e-platforms. Gain deeper insights into China’s local trade relationships and embrace the opportunity to take the next, or beginning step in your trade journey to China.
This event would benefit businesses and brands of all sizes, both prospective and existing exporters that wish to upgrade their strategy for driving sales growth.
Dates, Locations & Booking
This event is a clever way to start your day. Refreshments will be provided on all dates. Registration begins at 9am. Please book early, places are limited.
Please use one of the following links to reserve your place via Eventbrite:
- Book your place for Let’s Do China in Newcastle 20 November
- Book your place for Let’s Do China in Leeds 22 November
- Book your place for Let’s Do China in Manchester 28 November
Cost: £0 - £20 (including VAT)
China’s opening up wider
China’s e-commerce market accounts for over 40% of the global e-commerce transactions. China’s cross-border e-commerce transactions (including retail and B2B) reached ¥6.7 trillion yuan ($1.01 trillion) in 2016 and increased significantly to ¥7.6 trillion in 2017. For 2018, that figure will likely jump to ¥9 trillion.
China is opening up wider for business, and it’s calling for business to ride the wave of opportunities it offers.
Bringing together private and public sector perspectives, we’ll equip you with the essentials that you need to know.
Here’s what you can learn:
- How you can consider IP protection and the new E-Commerce law into your export strategy
- How the upscaled 35 cross-border e-commerce pilot zones, accelerating trade, benefits your business
- The latest reductions of China import duties, trade policies, as well as logistics & customs
- The practical side of Chinese e-commerce opportunities, including Alibaba’s Tmall, JD.com, and VIP.com, via an in-depth case study
- The increasing importance of social commerce, particularly WeChat and XiaoHongShu (Little Red Book), and third-party payments like WeChat Pay and Alipay
- ACOLINK LTD and CIECC, in association with BQ (Business Quarter)
With the support of:
- Ward Hadaway Law Firm
- Chamber International
- Department for International Trade (DIT) and Exporting is GREAT campaign
For media enquiries and media pack please contact us on media
We’re always on the lookout for mutually beneficial business opportunities, partnerships, supporters and sponsors. Please contact us if you’d like to support our events, or perhaps you wish to see an event happening in your city.
The trademarks, logos, service marks and design elements used are owned by their respective owners and are used with permission.